My New Website
Costa Mesa, Ca.
February 22, 2013
Dear Family & Friends:
I am excited about the launch of the overhaul of my eightsummits.com website. I hope you like it.
Here are some of the new features:
- the short video clip on my Home page
- my blog, now subdivided by adventure
- the photo and video tour of the Eight Summits, with some dramatic photos and video of my last six trips to Mt. Everest
- trip reports and photos related to my 4 long-distance, solo, motorcycle trips and the video of my bungee jump
- the documentary film “Eight Summits: The Bill Burke Story” that will be released in the first quarter of 2013
- the photo gallery that has photos and video of all the mountains I have climbed, photos of my motorcycle trips and my favorite black & white mountain photos
- Bill Burke’s Articles, including “Summit Night 2009,” “Summit Night 2012,” “Crowds on Everest” and “The Tragic Death of David Sharp”
I want to thank my daughter, Lisa, for her hard work on the website overhaul. I also want to recognize Lauren Pawell, who did a magnificent job in the design and construction of the changes. http://bixamedia.com.
My next big adventure will be a European river cruise with my wife, Sharon. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary last June. I told Sharon we are going on a 22-day cruise across Europe in 2013. I asked her to pick the month. She chose May, which is prime Everest climbing season. Huge mistake, especially for a lawyer trained to consider worst-case scenarios.
As we approach the Everest climbing season, circa 2013, my heart sinks in disbelief that I won’t be visiting Mt. Everest. I know my old friend will miss me.
Alas, there is always 2014, when I will be 72.